We reserve the right to cancel or postpone surgery if any of the instructions are not followed
Download this form: Pre-Op Instructions & Food List
- Any patients under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or
guardian at the time of surgery
- Please wear loose fitting short sleeve shirt and comfortable clothing
- Please wear flat soled shoes with ankle support like sneakers (no high heels)
- Please remove contact lenses, all jewelry, and watches before surgery
- Please do not apply make-up, perfume or cologne on day of surgery
- Please remove fingernail polish on both index fingers
- Please brush your teeth and rinse thoroughly before surgery
- If prescribed medication at consultation, please take as directed prior to
appointment. You may take this with no more than half a glass of water.
- Please have ice packs available at home after surgery to reduce swelling
- Please have Advil or Tylenol available for after surgery
- Alcoholic beverages should be avoided 24 hours before and 7 days after surgery
- Smoking must be avoided 24 hours before surgery and 24 hours after surgery
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our office prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- If you think you might be pregnant, please inform our office before your appointment.
PATIENTS HAVING IV SEDATION:
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 6 HOURS PRIOR TO SURGERY: including water and
coffee. If you need to take medications please take them with no more than half a
glass of water. Any questions, please call our office. We reserve the right to
cancel or postpone surgery if any of the instructions are not followed.
- Please arrange for a ride to and from the office on the day of your surgery. Patient will not be able to drive home after surgery and operate machinery. PLEASE INFORM YOUR DRIVER THAT HE/SHE WILL NEED TO STAY IN THE RECEPTION ROOM DURING THE ENTIRE SURGERY. We suggest the driver bring some reading material.
- Please buy suggested foods to have on hand after your surgery. Please refer to
recommendations on food list.
- Please have a responsible adult at home to care for you on the day of surgery.
PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO SURGERY TIME TO
TAKE CARE OF PAPERWORK AND FINANCIAL ARRANGEMENTS.
We Accept Cash, Check (processed electronically with TeleCheck), Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
We reserve the right to cancel or postpone surgery if any of the instructions are not followed.